Over time, pipes and drains can become clogged by food and other debris. Orange County’s hard water conditions can cause a clog due to lime scale build up. It is also not unheard of for tree roots to grow through pipes and clog drains. With all of the things that get flushed down drains, every homeowner will eventually have to deal with drain problems and when they do, choosing a trusted and experienced Plumber in Costa Mesa is the first and foremost step in restoring your home’s plumbing.
Symptoms of Clogged Drains
Your drains are tasked with removing large volumes of water daily. Anything and everything from food waste, to paper products are put down the drain every day. In time, these things will cause a clog leading to a slow or stopped drain. Some symptoms of a clogged drain include:
- Foul odor from drain pipes
- Slow draining sinks, tubs, and showers
- Water leaking underneath sinks or toilets
- Bubbling or gurgling sounds from a sink or a toilet
- Recurring slow draining sinks and toilets
We can remove most clogs using a mechanical snake or performing a video inspection and hydro-jetting the line. Parzival Plumbing uses the latest technology and plumbing equipment to ensure that we provide the best drain cleaning service in Costa Mesa.
Preventative Measures and Peace of Mind
Taking preventative measures to avoid major clogs will give homeowners peace of mind when it comes to your home’s plumbing. Scheduling drain inspections and cleanings regularly is one way to make certain your drains are functioning as they should be; this regular maintenance can be done as part of an annual inspection on your plumbing system. Here are some things homeowners can do to help prevent clogs:
- Fix tubs and showers with drain screens/strainers to catch hair that could clog your drain
- Use drain plugs in lavatory sinks to prevent hair, toothpaste caps, and other items from falling into drain pipes
- Run hot water down drains, once a week, to keep them free-flowing.
If you suspect you might have a drain clog, schedule an appointment with our experienced plumber in Costa Mesa. Parzival Plumbing is Orange County’s #1 plumbing company in service and value.